Welcome to the Tap Retail website, tap-retail.com (and all pages attaching to and including this domain name) and our applications (each our "Platform"). This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you how we store customer data.
By visiting and/or using our Site and Platform(s), you agree and where required you consent to the collection, use, transfer, disclosure, retention and protection of your information as set out in this policy (together with any other documents referred to on it).
1. CONTACT DETAILS
By contacting our general customer services team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
1. We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
2. We collect information:
3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1. As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Sites more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
2. When you visit the Sites or make a Tap Retail order through our Sites, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information.
3. We also collect information about your usage of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call.
4. We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Sites.
5. We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes and/or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Tap Retail mobile application, through your mobile's browser or otherwise.
6. We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example if you specify any food allergies.
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
2. Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
3. We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
4. We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to present you with retailers that we think you will prefer, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see 'Your Rights' section below for more information.
5. Where we rely on legitimate interest as a basis for processing your personal information, we carry out a ‘balancing test’ to ensure that our processing is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests. You can find out more information about these balancing tests by contacting us using the details above.
6. Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
· create a record of your order(s);
· comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
If you turn off all
cookies, Tap Retail won’t work properly. But if you want to, you can delete
your cookies and manage how cookies are used for the browser you use.
Here are the instructions for desktop browsers:
And here are the instructions for mobile browsers:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email or phone. You can control your email marketing preferences by:
· visiting our website, www.tap-retail.com,
· clicking on "Account" (for our website this is under the drop-down menu);
· Scrolling down to "Marketing Preferences".
7. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
2. Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the ‘Use of my information’ section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
3. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
· our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
· legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
· statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
· our legitimate interests where we have carried out balancing tests (see section on 'How we use your personal information' above);
· (potential) disputes;
· Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
4. Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU. We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
2. Sharing your information internally
· We share your information with other Tap Retail group companies only where necessary for the purposes set out in section 4.
3. Sharing your information with third parties
We share your information with third party service providers. The types of third party service providers whom we share your information with includes:
· Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
· IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage and analysis;
· Retail partners: that you have placed your order with so that they can ensure high product availability, resolve issues, or improve their services;
· Delivery Riders: so they can deliver your order to you;
· Customer support partners: who will help us to resolve any issues you may have with our services;
· Marketing and advertising partners: so that they can ensure that you see advertising which is more relevant to you and send you email marketing on our behalf.
1. If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
2. We may also share your information:
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
· in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement;
· to protect the rights of Tap Retail, our Retail Partners, Delivery Riders, or others, including to prevent fraud;
· with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police.
1. We adopt robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected.
2. We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
3. Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
4. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
1. Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out above. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
2. The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
3. The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it). This will enable you, for example, to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information we hold about you in this way, please get in touch (see Contact Details).
4. The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us (see Contact Details).
5. The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain information that we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Details).
6. The right to restrict processing. You have rights to 'block' or 'suppress' further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
7. The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain your personal information in an accessible and transferrable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers. This is not a general right however and there are exceptions. To learn more please get in touch (see Contact Details).
8. The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority.
9. The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see Contact Details). Withdrawing consent will not however make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
10. The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. You can object by changing your marketing preferences or disabling cookies as set out in sections 7 and 8 above.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) using the following details:
Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland.
Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland.
Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23. Co. Laois
+353 (0)761 104 800
Lo Call Number 1890 252 231
Tap Retail Office
Inception Innovations Limited, 41 Beaufield Park, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin Ireland.